Call for Submissions for “Try to Have Your Writing Make Sense - The Quintessential PFFA Anthology” (Deadline: May 31, 2013)
The Poetry Free-for-all will publish an anthology of poems – “Try to Have Your Writing Make Sense – The Quintessential PFFA Anthology” - at the end of 2013. For those of you who are new, PFFA was founded in 1999 by Béla Selendy and remains one of the preeminent online poetry workshops. It is still intent on the improvement of the writer’s craft. The anthology’s aim is to present the quality and diversity of work that has been developed and critiqued at the site.
Remember: We’re mean. We’re nasty. We’re merciless. We’re cruel. We’re vile. We’re heartless. We’re an evil clique conspiring to annihilate your self-esteem, so observe the following rules for submission or we’ll slash your soul to ribbons:
• Only poems that have been workshopped in the critical forums at the site will be considered for publication. Those forums are: C&C, High, and Merciless.
• If you would like to submit work written during NaPoWriMo or Seven/Seven, run, do not walk, to workshop those poems in the above-mentioned forums.
• While we prefer unpublished work, previously published poems are fine. You must, however, own the rights to all work submitted and should indicate the journal of first publication.
• Simultaneous submissions are also acceptable as long as you immediately inform us of acceptance elsewhere.
With all that in mind:
• Email up to 5 poems to email@example.com with your name and “PFFA Anthology” in the subject line.
• Poems should be copied and pasted into the body of the email. (Any special formatting will be addressed upon acceptance.)
• Please include a brief biography (max. 80 words) with your real name and PFFA handle and a short statement of how PFFA has (seriously, adversely, humorously, fill-in-the-blank) affected you as a writer.
• Deadline for submissions is May 31, 2013.
• Every contributor will be paid with one copy of “Try to Have Your Writing Make Sense”. Any profit will go toward the care and feeding of PFFA.
Questions? By all means email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For the PFFA Anthology,
Editors Howard Miller and Donna Smith
Call for Asian American Poetry (deadline March 31, 2012)
Mascara Literary Review will publish a special issue of Asian American poetry in July 2012. To be guest-edited by Jee Leong Koh, the issue aims to present the vitality of poetry written by Asian American poets now. Essays and reviews are also welcomed, but please query the editor first with a writing proposal.
A bi-annual literary journal founded in 2007, Mascara is particularly interested in the work of contemporary Asian, Australian and Indigenous writers. The journal is supported by the Australian Council for the Arts and the National Library of Australia. It now receives 5000-7000 visits per month from 70 countries.
Submissions to Mascara Literary Review are by e-mail. Only previously unpublished work will be considered. Simultaneous submissions are acceptable as long as you notify us immediately of an acceptance elsewhere.
Send 3-5 poems and a short bio in a single Microsoft Word doc as an attachment, labeled with your name. Write “Asian American poetry” in the subject title of your e-mail. Our response time is 3-6 months. Please do not query before 3 months. Send your work to submissions[at]mascarareview[dot]com. The deadline for submissions is March 31, 2012.