Flight tonight

Flying to Singapore tonight. I'll have to start packing soon. And mail off MC's book to TS for review. And get a haircut from my favorite barber at Woodside, and then lunch at Sripraphai. And buy presents from New York Historical Society, which was closed yesterday when I forgot that it would be and walked from 86th Street to 79th. I am really looking forward to spending time with my nieces, H and L. They must have grown so much since I last saw them. Now H is 8 and L is 4.

The summer is flying by, and taking me with it.

Comments

Have a safe trip! I find long air flights actually help jog my creative mind into action. Car trips contrastingly only put me to sleep or sway a strong motion sickness into my system.

Hope new work clicks for you.
Jee Leong said…
Thanks, David-Glen. I'm back home in NYC, and just read your comment. I have only written one poem, I think, during a flight. On most flights I catch up on junk movies.

Popular posts from this blog

Reading Thumboo's "Ulysses by the Merlion"

Goh Chok Tong's Visit to FCBC

Steven Cantor's "What Remains: the Life and Work of Sally Mann"