Poem: "Cold Blue Eyes"


Cold Blue Eyes


My Brother, if we are not careful, we would burn out our brawn and brains trying to prove what you describe as “our worth” and we won’t get a flicker of recognition from those cold blue eyes.

                        Ama Ata Aidoo, “A Love Letter”



Trying to prove my worth, I am burning out my brawn and brains.

Burning to prove my brawn, I am trying out my brains and worth.

To prove my brains, I am trying out burning my worth and brawn.

To prove my trying, I am burning out my worth, brawn and brains.

To Brains, prove I am trying my brawn and burning out my worth.

To Brawn and Worth, prove I am trying out my, my, burning brains.

My brains and my brawn trying to prove I am burning to worth?

I am burning, my worth, brains and brawn prove to my trying out.

Trying and burning brains, out to prove my worth, I am my brawn.

Out, burning brawn, trying to prove my worth, I am my brains and.

My trying worth, burning out to prove my brains and brawn, I am.

Trying to prove my worth, my brawn and brains, I am burning out.

Burning out my worth, brawn and brains, I am trying to prove my…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reading Thumboo's "Ulysses by the Merlion"

Steven Cantor's "What Remains: the Life and Work of Sally Mann"

Goh Chok Tong's Visit to FCBC