Two Poems in Holly Rose Review

A poetry and tattoo journal, Holly Rose Review reprints my poem "Brother," and publishes for the first time "Valentine to Volume." You can read the poems and hear my reading of them as well. I am not a huge tattoo fan, but must say that some of the tattoos are quite fascinating. Tattoos look to me so permanent a mark on the body; they seem less susceptible to constant revision.

Serendipitously I am in the same issue with two Singaporean tattoo artists. Daphne Lazarus organized Singapore's first body suspension show in conjunction with the country's first tattoo convention. I have no idea what a body suspension show is, but the name sounds mighty interesting. Shane Tan's tattoo appears on the cover of Holly Rose. He specializes in Japanese art tattoos, and you can see more of his work on his website


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reading Thumboo's "Ulysses by the Merlion"

Steven Cantor's "What Remains: the Life and Work of Sally Mann"

Goh Chok Tong's Visit to FCBC