Poem: A Lover's Recourse (pigeonholed)

casés / pigeonholed

The body is rather small but it is all the house
I have, and so I walk around nude in my house.

First man I fell in love with lived in Ignorance.
We walked his dog when visiting his parents’ house.

I have dreamed all my life of living by the sea,
listening to the waves dissolving the salt house.

You said of your first love, we brought each other up.
I ached with homesickness because I heard the house.

I have objections to the institution of marriage.
I suspect efforts to turn love into a house.

Love is not a house. It is always on the move.
What do cowboys have in common with a house?

A long day runs its dog into the horizon.
Jee does not think a line can rise to be a house.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reading Thumboo's "Ulysses by the Merlion"

Goh Chok Tong's Visit to FCBC

Steven Cantor's "What Remains: the Life and Work of Sally Mann"