Bull Eclogues: "The Drug"

Bull Eclogues
“There's a part of my life that is so repulsive and dark that I have been warring against it for all of my adult life."

The Cretan
The Island

The Drug

What do you have? Will you sell it to me?
This ecstasy fell from the sky one day
and pulverized to powder on the ground.
We snort into the brain dead snowflakes.

This liquid crystal slammed into the vein
like lethal waste pumped from cattle farms
in drinking water is forgetfulness.
Is this the speed you have? Will you sell it?

Or are you plugging that fool’s gold called love,
disguised as fucking bought and sold like fags,
lottery tickets, gum, or vitamins?

I puff a cloud and change into a herd
my human senses and intelligence.
My soul roots for a corn-fed meal, and squeals.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reading Thumboo's "Ulysses by the Merlion"

Steven Cantor's "What Remains: the Life and Work of Sally Mann"

Goh Chok Tong's Visit to FCBC