Manuscript Submission to Open Readings

I have given up submitting my manuscript to contests. They are too much of a lottery. Open readings are a different fish, though, if they read manuscripts for free, and if they look to publish more than one title. Word Tech is such a fish. C&R Press is new. It is going to publish one title selected from its Open Reading, and it charges $10. I really should get my act together to submit Equal to the Earth to them.

(1) Word Tech

From the website: "WordTech Communications' 2007 reading period is November 1-December 31, 2007. Manuscripts postmarked in that time period will receive full consideration. This reading period is for all of our imprints. Selected manuscripts will be published under a royalty contract in the 2010 season."


(2) C&R Press
From the website: "Postmarked during the months of October and November only." $10 reading fee.

Comments

Brent Goodman said…
I know beggars can't be choosers, but who really wants to wait until 2010 to get your mss published if it's accepted this year? WordTech is the only press I've seen with such a backlog while still reading for more. I think I'm gonna skip this one this year. Good luck to your mss this year too!

Popular posts from this blog

Reading Thumboo's "Ulysses by the Merlion"

Steven Cantor's "What Remains: the Life and Work of Sally Mann"

Goh Chok Tong's Visit to FCBC